Re: dom0 kernel immediate reboot?

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 05:01:23 pm Mikolaj Golub wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Sep 2007 18:59:57 -0400 Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
>
>  TLS> It's not working.  First, grub doesn't recognize the xen.gz that is
> built TLS> by the package -- I have to uncompress it.  Next, I get either a
> reboot
>
> What type of filesystem do you use? Grub has some problems with FFSv2.
> Depending on where kernel blocks lie it can boot image from this fs or not.

I just realised I don't know how to tell what version of ffs I am using.

Either way, I've been using the default version with NetBSD current and this
has always been the case for me also, having to decompress the image for grub
to load it. Passing xen a compressed dom0 is no issue.

I used to think the issue for me was that I use the default location for the
xen kernel which resides on a different slice than /. But since have another
system with only one mount point and this is still the case.

If there is a size limit required of the first slice for grub to be able to
boot the compressed image, I'm guessing I've exceeded it.

Sarton