Re: xen_read_console doesn't show any output?

On Mon, 10 May 2004 03:06:39 +0200
"Christian Limpach" <chris%pin.lu@localhost> wrote:

> could you try compiling your kernel (or at least vfs_subr.o) with DEBUG
> defined?  (rm vfs_subr.o; make DBG=-DDEBUG)
> Then it should print the filesystem it tries...

Sure.

> Actually, if there is a disklabel in the partition which you're exporting,
> then the domain's kernel might get confused...  Could you also try
> ``bootdev=wd0d''?

That worked!

[8] wd0 at hypervisor0: Xen Virtual Block Device 6000 MB
[8] npx0 at hypervisor0: using exception 16
[8] boot device: wd0
[8] root on wd0d dumps on wd0b
[8] root file system type: ffs
[8] Mon May 10 03:12:05 UTC 2004
[8] Starting file system checks:
[8] /dev/rwd0a: BAD SUPER BLOCK: CAN'T FIND SUPERBLOCK
[8]
[8] /dev/rwd0a: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck_ffs MANUALLY.

That's better than before :) the strange thing is, if I run fsck_ffs in domain0
it says it's clean, do you have any idea Christian?

--
        Juan RP <juan%xtraeme.unixbsd.org@localhost>