Re: Issues with native build of -10 on VAX

On 2023-12-07 21.39, Kalvis Duckmanton wrote:
[snip]
With the patch applied, I've been able to compile the test case using the resulting native compiler, and a native build of NetBSD hasn't failed yet, which is promising.  I have not applied any workarounds to sancov.c or to tree-switch-conversion.c, and I'm also compiling GCC with the default optimisation level (-O2; I haven't applied any of Matthew's changes mentioned earlier).

I've also applied this change to a copy of GCC 10.5.0 from upstream and on amd64 at least there was no change to the regression test results so I don't think this introduces any regressions.

I'm curious to know if this will work for anyone else.

Using a very recent -current source and your patch my simh test with -current is up to libgmp, which is the furthest it's ever been in recent memory! (I did a cross-build with a patched source tree, and then installed the results on a simh instance. I am now doing a 'native' build with that simh instance. I also have a native build happening on a physical 4000/60... but the results from the latter will be weeks off..)

Thanks!

Later...

Greg Oster