Re: Issues with native build of -10 on VAX

OK, so there are two issues.  one is easy and we should
commit Rin's binutils fix.. i've tested it also, and it
seems entirely valid to me.  Rin, please feel free to
commit asap, and ask for pullups... or let me know and
i'll do it?

the GCC one, well, it's interesting.  the test case from
update #5 in GCC PR#105491 is fixed by porting the changes
back into our GCC 10 but it seems that the original issue
where gcc's sancov.c fails remains at least for me.  (i'm
not sure why the GCC PR claims the back port is hard, it
is not 100% clean, but it is fairly simple.  see below.)

the update#5 test case also fails on other targets and is
resolved with the back port.

so there may be additional work, though it's not clear that
the fix upstream fixes the real problem for us here?  i'll
try using Kalvis's GCC 12 patches in -current, see what
happens there.

maybe we should go with Kalvis' hack for now.

my back port:

https://www.netbsd.org/~mrg/gcc-nb10-gccpr105491.diff

.mrg.