RE: Emulated VAX build done!

A long time ago (about two weeks) Mouse wrote:

>	MicroVAX II
>	total memory = 16372 KB
>	panic: ptelen fault in system space: addr 6c pc 80018730
>	panic: ptelen fault in system space: addr 70 pc 8001878a
>	Stopped in  at  _arithflt+0x22a:        movl    $5, r0
>	db>
>
> I don't have a real KA630 set up to try this on, so I don't know
> whether it's a bug in the emulator or a bug in the kernel I'm
> booting.

I have several KA630 boards and one is even installed in a working, but effectively diskless, BA123 with two Ethernet cards DEQNA -- IIRC --, 13MiB RAM and a working MOP server.  Let me know if you need testing.

That said, a question comes up: why are we working with old versions of NetBSD?  Shouldn't we be focusing on trying to improve VAX perf in the current versions?  At the 2023 Annual General Meeting, Riastradh and dholland suggested that they could help if we wanted to enable dtrace or tprof in the port to that end.  That could probably help perf in other, older ports, too.

--
Kind regards,

    _____    Josh Moyer (he/him) <JMoyer%NODOMAIN.NET@localhost>
   | * * |   http://jmoyer.nodomain.net/