Re: CMD MSCP SCSI problems? (again?)

On 2/8/23 13:53, Johnny Billquist wrote:
As far as I am aware, it's not possible to build natively. Cross compilation is at the moment the only option.

   Seriously?  Crap.  I literally just a moment ago finished installing an instance of NetBSD-vax under simh to do this.

I'd be happy if you proved me wrong on that one. ;-)

Well I'm already halfway down the road of learning about what build.sh is and such. Getting this machine moved out of my lab is dependent upon getting it running, and it's sitting in a very inconvenient spot.

I am crossing my fingers that the new version of gcc, with improved VAX backend might make it possible to do native builds again.

   That would be nice.

I just wish it would come sooner. The actual fixes to gcc happened more than a year ago, but I'm not sure if that version of gcc have been released yet, much less been incorporated into NetBSD...

  :-/

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ