Re: CMD MSCP SCSI problems? (again?)

On 2/8/23 13:25, Johnny Billquist wrote:
   Wow, I've not compiled a NetBSD kernel in a very long time, that'll be fun. :-)  I'll see if I can get to that this week.  I suppose I'll have to
do an install under simh to get to that point.

Well, you could cross compile it:

Get src, cd there, ./build.sh -m vax kernel=GENERIC
(or whatever kernel config you need)

As far as I am aware, it's not possible to build natively. Cross compilation is at the moment the only option.

Seriously? Crap. I literally just a moment ago finished installing an instance of NetBSD-vax under simh to do this.

I am crossing my fingers that the new version of gcc, with improved VAX backend might make it possible to do native builds again.

  That would be nice.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ