Re: 4000-705A?

Speaking of the DSSI stuff, I has been itching for doing that (and CI) for a long time, but I never seem to be able to get the time and equipment lined up. And I did plan to be inspired by the Ultrix code... Which might in some sense be questionable, but better than nothing.

Part of the problem is that native building have been broken for so long, and I've been just trying from time to time to poke some at the more basic stuff.

  Johnny

On 2023-01-30 14:48, Johnny Billquist wrote:
No DSSI support at all. I don't think the built-in ethernet works either, but I could be wrong on that one.

   Johnny

On 2023-01-30 14:21, Dave McGuire wrote:

   Hey folks.  I'm considering installing NetBSD/vax on a 4000-705A to do some data recovery work at LSSM.  Before I attempt it, can anyone tell me what the current status of support for its integrated peripherals?  In particular, will the DSSI and Ethernet controllers work?

   I've not run NetBSD/vax for a long time.  Over the years, there have been many problems with bugs in boot code, etc.  Assuming I have a reasonable amount of memory in the machine, will it "just work" now?

             Thanks,
             -Dave