Re: New Vax - future directions :-)

> Well, CLRO clearly can be identical to CLRH, since they will do
> exactly the same (same with D-float and quad).

Quite so.

> The MOV(s) can't be shared, since the FP MOVs are expected to cause
> FP exceptions for some valua.

I'd have to check, but I think they also set the N bit based on a
different bit of the data.  (I think ZVC should be identical between
MOVH and MOVO.)

>> It's possibly arguable that there should be a CLRR or some such,
>> [...] admittedly CLRR feels less VAXy than the others, in that
>> instructions that work only on registers are relatively rare.
> You do have PUSHR and POPR, which falls in exactly the same
> category...

True.  Not that it's terribly relevant to CLRQ and CLRO; the VAX has
plenty of TMTOWTDI scattered around.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign