Re: Issues with compiler failures

> On Mar 17, 2019, at 9:44 AM, maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:
>
> On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 09:33:44AM -0400, Paul Koning wrote:

>>> Or accept the fact that there is no active gcc maintainer upstream and
>>> everyone who has interest in VAX is not willing to spend enough time on
>>> gcc.
>>
>> Is there no one willing to take on the gcc maintainer role for vax?  It's not rocket science.
>>
>> 	paul
>>

> Will you be able to mentor? :-)

To a small extent, but I'm no GCC wizard.  I know it well enough to keep the pdp11 port alive, which is as GCC projects goes a modest challenge.  (Then again, the vax port is in the same ballpark, actually easier in some ways for example because it only has one condition code register rather than two.)

The gcc developers list is quite helpful, and unlike some other GNU projects GCC actually has an internals manual that is of high quality -- especially the part that deals with ports.

	paul