Re: Issues with compiler failures

On 2019-03-17 14:33, Paul Koning wrote:

On Mar 17, 2019, at 3:07 AM, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:

On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 04:43:45AM +0000, maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:
Both are these failures are in reload specific code.
"Reload is the GCC equivalent of Satan." - GCC wiki
The best way moving forward would be to adapt the GCC VAX port to not
use reload.

Or accept the fact that there is no active gcc maintainer upstream and
everyone who has interest in VAX is not willing to spend enough time on
gcc.

Is there no one willing to take on the gcc maintainer role for vax?  It's not rocket science.

I've tried looking at gcc a few times in the past, and always ran away from it, even though I did find a bug or two over the years...

I don't expect it would be any different this time around. I'm more at home poking at the low level hardware related stuff.

And I guess it's more than just gcc. The whole ldd and friends also needs to be in the loop, and of course this also ties into NetBSD details.

  Johnny