Re: VS2000 + NetBSD

Anders Magnusson wrote:

> Den 2018-04-13 kl. 08:53, skrev Holm Tiffe:
> > It is possible that the KA410 config in /usr/src/sys/arch/vax/boot/boot
> > simply doesn't contain the "possibility" to boot from SCSI and therefore
> > the bootstrap doesn't even try to find the filesystem with the kernel?
> > Maybe I have to dig out where this definition is?
> > Ragge you digged in the bootloader lately..??
> >

> Yep, I have :-)
>
> The boot blocks (and boot loader) uses the in-prom drivers for SCSI.
> The sub-VMB
> that is in-prom provides pointers to drivers for the current device the
> machine booted from.
> So, no special drivers for SCSI.

Hmm..but the primary bootstrap is working...

> FYI; I have booted from SCSI on VS3100 recently, so no problem with that.

Done that in the last days more than once, no problem at all.

> I assume it could be found out what the problem is if I could get
> console access to a net-bootable VS2k in some way?
>
> -- Ragge

Ich bin zu jeder Schweinerei bereit :-)

Maybe I can setup my router to redirect a port to an VS3100 M76
running NetBSD 1.6.1 and complete source tree where you can do what ever
you want..and connect the VS2000 console Port to the VS3100 so you can
use kermit or something to get to the console..would that be sufficient?
Had to build a cable between the M76 and the VS2000...and have to ask the
VS2000 Owner if the VS can leave here for the next time..

It should be possible to set up a netboot environment on that poor M76
too to boot the VS2000 over mop/nfs alternatively.

??

Regards,

Holm
info%tsht.de@localhost Fax +49 3731 74200 Tel +49 3731 74222 Mobil: 0172 8790 741