Re: VS2000 + NetBSD

Den 2018-04-13 kl. 08:53, skrev Holm Tiffe:
It is possible that the KA410 config in /usr/src/sys/arch/vax/boot/boot
simply doesn't contain the "possibility" to boot from SCSI and therefore
the bootstrap doesn't even try to find the filesystem with the kernel?
Maybe I have to dig out where this definition is?
Ragge you digged in the bootloader lately..??

Yep, I have :-)

The boot blocks (and boot loader) uses the in-prom drivers for SCSI.  The sub-VMB that is in-prom provides pointers to drivers for the current device the machine booted from.
So, no special drivers for SCSI.

FYI; I have booted from SCSI on VS3100 recently, so no problem with that.

I assume it could be found out what the problem is if I could get console access to a net-bootable VS2k in some way?

-- Ragge