Re: Toolchain and NetBSD 8

You know that we haven't been able to build native in years? Maybe not in about 10 years... I have tested from time to time, without success. Most others seem to not have tried in eons.

If you're talking about compiling NetBSD itself on VAX, you're right. I've seen amd64 systems take more than a gig of memory to just finish linking a kernel.

On the other hand, I'm talking about the ability to compile pkgsrc software for VAX on VAX. That worked decently in NetBSD-6, but not since, although I'll be looking forward to trying the latest -current.

John