Re: Toolchain and NetBSD 8

On 2017-06-14 09:22, Martin Husemann wrote:
On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 12:57:41AM +0000, John Klos wrote:
Hi,

NetBSD 8 will be coming soon. The last time I checked, gcc on NetBSD 7 and
current still don't work on VAX. This means that there'll no longer be an
active version of NetBSD/VAX that can compile code.

Is anyone working on this? What needs to be done?

The state in -current is not that bad, it can compile quite a bit of
pkgs natively. Perl needs work (floating point format issues, not compiler
related), which blocks a lot other pkgs.

The hacks that Felix mentioned should be fixed, but currently they do not
hurt a lot.

You know that we haven't been able to build native in years? Maybe not in about 10 years... I have tested from time to time, without success. Most others seem to not have tried in eons.

So, while it would be good if you are right, I would not put too much money on "it's mostly good".

	Johnny