Re: support for FPU-less VAX?

> I'm not sure there ever was any VAX cpu that did not execute FP
> instructions.

Would be great, but

   http://www.dtjcd.vmsresource.org.uk/pdfs/dtj_v01-07_aug1988.pdf

on page 96 gave me the impression that the 70 F, D, G FP instructions
are not implemented on the 78034:

"The chip fully executes 181 instructions and provides microcode
operand parsing for 21 instructions that are emulated with macrocode.
The chip passes 70 F, D, G floating point instructions to a companion
floating point chip. The remaining 32 instructions are fully emulated
in macrocode."

I thought if the CFPA is missing, maybe the CPU will raise exceptions
for FP instructions for emulation to take place.

Felix