Re: support for FPU-less VAX?

On 2015-10-01 11:16, Felix Deichmann wrote:
Is it already possible to run NetBSD on a VAX without hardware FPU? At
least single-user or ...?
Is soft-float by the compiler an option, or do I need full FP
emulation via exceptions?

Let's suppose I had something like a CVAX (78034 only), but no
optional CFPA connected. Apart from the FP instructions, I read that
the CFPA "accelerates" also DIVL, MULL and EMUL... So would these
instructions raise an exception or are they executed by the 78034, but
in a slower variant?

The FPA just accelerates them. The CPU will still execute them without the FPA, but just slower.

I'm not sure there ever was any VAX cpu that did not execute FP instructions.

	Johnny