Re: QVSS wscons driver

On Mon, 5 Jan 2015, Dave McGuire wrote:

On 01/05/2015 12:44 AM, Cory Smelosky wrote:

Would be a neat pairing for a "deskside" MVAXII. ;)

 Yes.

...now if I only had a CASE for the backplane to go in...;)

 You keep trying to get LK201s outta me, Cory. ;)  I'm hoarding them;
about 2/3 of the ones I have are dead, and I have at least twenty
machines and terminals lacking them.

I'll take a 401. ;)

 Ain't gonna happen.

Hehe. ;)

2/3 of mine are dead as well...the one that apparently spent time
underwater however continues to work perfectly.

 How...weird.

Yeah.

What's the fault?  Controller on 'em?  Ones I had didn't respond at
all...never got to checking out why.

 Shattered plastic in many cases.

Ahhh.  Want the plastic from my busted ones?

Still need to get that scope from you!

 Yes, and a whole carload (hint hint) of other goodies. ;)  Actually I
may be able to run that stuff out to you before too long.

Best do it soon before gas goes back up! I'm payin' for the gas.

Was it possible to upgrade the ROM easily?

 Yes, I've done it on a few boards.  There may be some compatibility
issues with the pre-rev-K boards (the ones with the buggy Qbus
interface), I'm not sure, but I haven't run into any.

Yow.  How could they have shipped with a buggy Qbus interface?!

 Bugs happen, man.

Yeah...but the Qbus is a bit essential to the board doing...anything. ;)

Or was it just a bug that'd only appear in some not-everywhere-but-common configs?

              -Dave

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff