Re: QVSS wscons driver

On Mon, 5 Jan 2015, Dave McGuire wrote:

On 01/05/2015 12:38 AM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
Wish I had a VCB01...only have a busted VCB02. :(

 I might be able to help you out with that; I'll see how many I have left.

Alright, thanks!

Would be a neat pairing for a "deskside" MVAXII. ;)

 No mouse?  Send me your shipping address in private mail.

Have spare keyboard too?  The connectors are a pain to fit the flatflex
cables in to.

 You keep trying to get LK201s outta me, Cory. ;)  I'm hoarding them;
about 2/3 of the ones I have are dead, and I have at least twenty
machines and terminals lacking them.

I'll take a 401. ;)

2/3 of mine are dead as well...the one that apparently spent time underwater however continues to work perfectly.

What's the fault? Controller on 'em? Ones I had didn't respond at all...never got to checking out why.

Still need to get that scope from you!

 I think it should, but I'm pretty sure the only framebuffer I've ever
used with a KA650 is a VCB02 so I can't say for certain.  What release
of firmware do you have on your KA650, is it possibly an older one?

Was it possible to upgrade the ROM easily?

 Yes, I've done it on a few boards.  There may be some compatibility
issues with the pre-rev-K boards (the ones with the buggy Qbus
interface), I'm not sure, but I haven't run into any.

Yow.  How could they have shipped with a buggy Qbus interface?!

                  -Dave

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff