Re: disklabel MAXPARTITIONS reversal (was: installboot is broken)

> It might just happen to not work well with NetBSD cpu stats sampling,
> or there might be a bug - I haven't investigated more closely.  top
> shows one cpu 100% busy, but that may be a missampling.

Quite likely.  If the real machine's clock is also ticking at 100Hz,
then simh will wake up every tick.  If - as is common - the statclock
is driven off the hardclock, simh will tyhen be runnable every time the
statclock samples, even if it just executes a few instructions and goes
back to sleep immediately.  I've seen fairly high false load of that
sort without perceptibly impaired interactive feel often enough.  (Not
with simh, but with other things that wake up every clock tick, but
don't stay awake for long.)

\ / Ribbon Campaign