Re: Building current

On Sun 07 Apr 2013 at 17:04:22 +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> You said the ashq ..., -1, ... did disassemble with not sign extended
> constant, so is this a gas or a gcc bug?

If gcc knows to generate "movq ..,-1,.." and gas knows to generate a
64-bit immedate constant from that, I think that it is more likely gas
that is at fault when the constant comes out as 0x00000000FFFFFFFF.

On the other hand, if gcc were to write its constants always in full
unsigned hexadecimal notation, such a problem would be worked around.

> Martin
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'