Re: installboot is broken

On 2013-03-24 22:22, Anders Magnusson wrote:
On 03/24/2013 08:52 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:

We have not used out own boot program on the FE media since 2.0 or
something. I still have a copy around on my FE RL02 just in case
something really bad happens, and I need it, but I have not used it in
ages.
Note that 2.0 is very new in the vax world, I think I had most of the
hardware I had access to supported around 1.4 :-)

Yes. I know. :-)
I think I started running NetBSD on the 8650 in the 1.6 timeframe. Our 11/750 was running 0.9, thanks to you. :-) And the migration to the 8650 was done from the 11/750. We just moved the disk over until we had something that worked. And initially out boot came from MtXinu if I remember right. Or we might just have used MtXinu to write the NetBSD boot to the console RL02. Can't remember the details... But at some point, we started supporting booting using VMB instead, and that made life much easier...

        Johnny