Re: installboot is broken

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 03:22:43AM +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> Correct. I worked around the "problem" right now by just dd:ing the
> first block of xxboot onto the disk, and then restore the disklabel. But
> that is maybe less than trivial for someone who is new to the whole system.

It looks to me like installboot puts all of xxboot starting at sector
1, and only fills in magic (keeping the actual disklabel) in sector 0.

Can you zero the disk (image) again and provide hexdumps of the first two
sectors for the working and the not working state?

I didn't have old enough disklabel sources around, will check there.

Martin