Port-vax archive

Re: VAX RPB (Restart Parameter Block)

On Wed, 6 Feb 2013, Holm Tiffe wrote:
So the question is now how I can tell NetBSD that it should leave this area
alone and 2nd how I can find out which memory area(s) this is on a particular
system in a more generic way as hacking it in the sourcecode directly.

The console firmware is supposed to pass some information to the
bootstrap, including a pointer to a bitmap of available memory. The
operating system is supposed to use the bitmap to stay away from bad

I don't know the details because I've never written a VAX bootstrap...
roger ivie