Re: device matching at mainbus

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 12:34:22 +0100
Holm Tiffe <holm%freibergnet.de@localhost> wrote:

> The SCN2681 is a Dual UART, that means I have 2 Channels and the
> calculating of baudrates etc from one channel is depending on the other
> and there is only one interrupt generated from both units, but each unit
> must have it's own softc. The driver is a little bit special at this.
Have a look at e.g. zs and zstty in sparc or
pckbc0          at isa?                 # PC keyboard controller
pckbd*          at pckbc?               # PC keyboard
pms*            at pckbc?               # PS/2 mouse for wsmouse
You attach a "bus" device that represents the the chip and individual
child devices representing the channels.

If you fight with autoconf(9) I highly recommend to read that man page
and especially my NetBSD Device Driver Writing Guide:
http://www.netbsd.org/docs/kernel/ddwg.html
It will give you The Big Picture of autoconf(9).
German version of that paper:
http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/projekte/NetBSD-treiber_schreiben-1.0.1.pdf.gz
--

\end{Jochen}