Re: About support for rtVAX300

On 01/13/2013 11:33 AM, Holm Tiffe wrote:
Jochen Kunz wrote:

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 11:16:15 +0100
Holm Tiffe <holm%freibergnet.de@localhost> wrote:

That is why NetBSD treats them all as VAX_BTYP_420.
That's proably the cause I got confused.
Additional note: As Ragge pointed out you have to treat your toy as a
KA650. Thats because the KA650 has a CVAX CPU chip and may in turn be
used as a placeholder for all machines with this CPU chip... At least
in some parts of the code...
I've done that in the meantime. But here are still some things to clean up,
eg something like this:

static const char * const ka650_devs[] = { "cpu", "lance", "uba", NULL };
static const char * const ka650RT_devs[] = { "cpu", "rtvbus", NULL };

There is no lance and no uba at the rtvax. so the modified ka650.c will
not work on an ka650 as it is.
Actaully, it will :-) This only tells which devices that can be there, not that actually is.
...but we do not need to care about this now, first fix the console.

I found out that in the meantime for myself. And I'm on that point where I
should write the polled driver for the console.
The Problem is, that I don't understand how the VM-stuff is working, for
every machine in the arch/vax tree this is looking different and I wasn't
able to display something on the TIL311 since vm ist started nor to write
anything to an UART Register.
Why? Don't know. Got no answer here, tried all the things that where
suggested. (I think). I got wheter the vax_map_physmem stuff not the
ioaccess thing to work.
The code you posted in another mail is correct (cninit stuff), I'll reply to that with a description separately.

-- Ragge