Re: About support for rtVAX300

arcarlini%iee.org@localhost wrote:

> Holm Tiffe [holm%freibergnet.de@localhost] wrote:
> > Du you really think that the KA650 is the best decision here?
> > I'm hacking around for some time with the ka410 as basis wich
> > is also an CVAX but w/o Lance and QBUS but with something
> > calles vsbus and a SGEC..
>
> I know nothing about NetBSD but ...
>
> KA410 is the hardware for the MicroVAX 2000/VAXstation 2000 which is
> based on
> the 78032 chip, which is the same chip as the MicroVAX II (KA630).
>
> Your rtVAX 300 is based on the CVAX, which is a KA650 (and was used in
> the MicroVAX 3600 IIRC).

Right...hmm.. proably I got confused a little. KA42A and B are the right
CPUs. an I had them in my Kernel config before..
Ok, easy to change.

> Whether KA650 is the best choice or not I leave in the hands of others
> more
> familiar with NetBSD (but if Ragge says it's a good place to start, then
> it probably is).
>
> Antonio
> arcarlini%iee.org@localhost

It's not that I'm not trusting Ragge, and the way with the polled console
is the easiest, but what should I do with that QBIC and Lance stuff?

Regards,

Holm
  www.tsht.de, info%tsht.de@localhost, Fax +49 3731 74200, Mobil: 0172 8790 741