Re: About support for rtVAX300

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013, Johnny Billquist wrote:

I actually checked the code, since I was thinking the same thing, but I think not. The code at the end of vax_map_physmem looks like this:

       return addr | (phys & VAX_PGOFSET);

Oops - you're right [and I remembered it after I replied]. My vax stuff is a bit rusty at the momement.

But as you point out, it will try to write a 32-bit value in the last 16 bits of the mapped page, and the first 16 bits of the next page, which is likely unmapped.

Mike

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant