Port-vax archive

Re: About support for rtVAX300

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013, Holm Tiffe wrote:

On the rtvax is a register for the TIL311 Display, I can write an
~0xa to 0x201ffffe and see an 'A', with that I've tried to trace
the startup code a little, but I get lost in pmap_bootstrap() called from
On the very last instruction in pmap_bootstrap()

       mtpr(sysptsize, PR_SLR);
       rpb.sbr = mfpr(PR_SBR);
       rpb.slr = mfpr(PR_SLR);
       rpb.wait = 0;   /* DDB signal */

         *(int *)(0x201ffffe)=0xf-3; /* Holm */

       mtpr(1, PR_MAPEN);

        *(int *)vax_map_physmem(0x201ffffe,1)=0xf-4; /* Holm */

Nothing happens anymore and I get a trap or something like this..
I never see that '4', regardless if I try vax_map_physmem or not.
Is vax_map_physmem() the right thing to this time?

vax_map_physmem() maps the whole page, so will return the virtual address of the page that contains 0x201ffffe, so you will be writing to 0x201ffe00 (if I've calculated the bits right).

Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant
Information Technology Center
Montana State University        Bozeman, MT     USA