Re: recent fixes for VAX

On May 6, 2009, at 4:26 AM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
   Excellent, thanks for the info!  Now I just have to choose a
machine.  I'm sorta torn between a 4000-90 (fast!) and a 4000VLC
(tiny!).  I'll probably go with the -90.

Dave, you should realize that both of those are tiny VAXes...
How very true, but I don't think NetBSD/vax runs on the '7000 yet. ;)

No, but it do run on 86x0 (or atleast should, except that 5.0 beta didn't when I tried). And that is even bigger than a 7000. :-)
Very true, but I *have* a 7000. Wow I'd love to see NetBSD/vax on that.

Yeah. I have a 7000 too, and all the required documentation of the machine to start working. I just haven't had enough time, and I've started loosing interest in putting any time into it.

I guess I could try 5.0 again now, and see what happens. But I suspect it won't work... :-(

Oh cool, I didn't know you had one! And the docs too? Very nice indeed. How rough will it be to get running, any idea?

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL