Serial console on second port?

I have a Vax Station 4000 M96 and would like to use it with serial console.
It apparently has two serial ports, one MMJ and another one for the printer
with a DB25 connector.

Since MMJ adapters (or even connectors) are pretty hard to get hold of here
(or unreasonable expensive) - is there an easy way to just use the DB25
connector instead?

Thanks,

Martin
P.S.: there seems to be no "console mode switch" to select keyboard or console
on this machine (like on the M60) - is it hidden somewhere or should I expect
it to just work?

P.P.S.: I have a SFX graphics, but lacking a video cable for that (working
on solving that too), so I'm basically blind - please excuse the stupid
newbie questions.