Port-vax archive

Re: netbsd on vax 11/730; booting in sim

On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 02:10:17PM +0100, Anders Magnusson wrote:
> Actually, if fsck does exit 4 the system reboots, and it has done so ~forever.
> But by some for me unknown reason fsck has started doing exit 4 if it must
> correct something.  I think this might have come with the journaling patches.

I've not noticed this with a 5.0_BETA kernel, and older userland; so it
may be something related to fsck itself. I also have full 5.0_BETA
systems where / is not journalled, and don't remember seeing it either.
But it's been some time since I've had an unclean shutdown on these
systems ...