Re: netbsd on vax 11/730; booting in sim

Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 10:55:21PM +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>> Just noticed another "step back", that I hadn't seen until now.
>>
>> NetBSD moved away quite a long time ago from needing to reboot if fsck
>> needed to fix the root partition. That's something that was done back in
>> the dark ages with 4.3...
>> But 5.0 have reintroduced this "feature".
>
> Uh ? Where did you get this idea ? None of my 5.0 systems reboot after
> fsck.

Actually, if fsck does exit 4 the system reboots, and it has done so ~forever.
But by some for me unknown reason fsck has started doing exit 4 if it must
correct something.  I think this might have come with the journaling patches.

It happened to me also (as a bug surprise) yesterday when I was testing stuff
on a 5.0 beta system :-)

-- Ragge