Re: Sun QLogic SCSI HBA issues

Hello,

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 17:54:14 +0900
Christian Rodriguez <christian.rodriguez.95%gmx.de@localhost> wrote:

> Funny you mention those Symbios cards; I was just looking at them the
> other day after some research. I did actually end up getting a Symbios
> 53c875J based SCSI card and we'll see how well it works. When I was
> initially looking into getting a SCSI card for this machine I wanted
> something that was at least SCSI Ultra-3 capable (as to provide adequate
> bandwidth to my Cheetah 15K.5 HDD) but I guess it doesn't really matter
> as this PCI bus is pretty saturated as is with an XVR-100 and USB
> 2.0/firewire combo card.

I'm not sure which exact chips are supported, I am about 100% sure I
used a PC 53c875 in an U10 ages ago though. U2W variants may or may not
work.
This applies only to booting from them. For example, my Blade 2500
loads the kernel from a CF card plugged into the onboard IDE port and
runs the operating system from a SATA disk plugged into a PCI-X siisata
card.

have fun
Michael