Sun QLogic SCSI HBA issues

Just trying to install NetBSD 8.0 on my Sun Ultra 5 and I keep getting these error messages "isp0: isp_handle_index: bad handle". The install goes through but when I boot, the console is filled with these error messages and I can't see anything else. With the installer I could at least somewhat see past them.

I'm using a Sun X6758A (part # 375-3057) which uses the QLA10162 chip. I noticed this chip is not listed under the PCI compatibility list; would that be why?

If I need a new HBA, do the PowerPC Mac SCSI cards work with OBP?