Re: Sun QLogic SCSI HBA issues

Hello,

On Sat, 05 Jan 2019 19:43:24 +0900
Christian Rodriguez <christian.rodriguez.95%gmx.de@localhost> wrote:

> If I need a new HBA, do the PowerPC Mac SCSI cards work with OBP?

Not likely, the Mac-ROMs I have seen on those all contain powerpc code
hidden below a thin layer of FORTH. I do not claim to know all ( or
even most ) of those, so...

If you happen to have a symbios logic UW-SCSI controller ( supported by
the esiop(4) driver ) it will likely Just Work(tm) regardless of what's
in the card's ROM - the U5 and U10 have drivers for those in their own
ROMs.

have fun
Michael