Re: Netbooting a sparc64

For whatever it may be worth by the way the sparc64 machine
is a Sun Ultra 5 running OpenBoot 3.31.

When ofwboot.net begins to execute it generates a line with
each attempt to find a kernal which I currently see appearing
like so:

root=0.0.0.0 path=

I suspect that I need DHCP server to respond to ofwboot.net's
BOOTP requests with the root path to the NFS share where
netbsd-INSTALL.gz is located... correct?

A couple of other questions while I'm at it:

Will ofwboot.net use netbsd-INSTALL.gz in its compressed format
or do I need to decompress it before ofwboot.net retrieves it?

The sparc64 installation guide at
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-5.0.2/sparc64/INSTALL.html
says to tar -xpzf the instfs.tgz file. Just to be clear... should
I un-tar this archive into the NFS share directory?  Or can/will
ofwboot.net retrieve the instfs.tgz file from the NFS share and
un-tar it into a ramdisk on the sparc64 machine?