Re: Netbooting a sparc64

On May 7, 2010, at 3:17 PM, Martin Husemann wrote:
> If your PROM is new enough, try:
>
>  boot net:dhcp
>
> This is always a lot easier to get working than the legacy stuff.

  I had tried that at one point, but it seemed to work less well.  Looking into
it a little more, I think I see a problem that I've now fixed, and I can get as
far with boot net:dhcp.  (I had a duplicate definition in my dhcpd.conf for the
same hardware address.)  tftp loads a different file name this way, but that
was easy enough to find/fix.  And should tftp still be loading the ofwboot.net?

  So, now that I fixed that dhcpd.conf error, I am still seeing the following
on my sparc:

Executing last command: boot net:dhcp
Boot device: /pci@1f,0/ethernet@c:dhcp  File and args:
Timeout waiting for BOOTP/DHCP reply. Retrying ...
Timeout waiting for BOOTP/DHCP reply. Retrying ...
Timeout waiting for BOOTP/DHCP reply. Retrying ...
>> NetBSD/sparc64 OpenFirmware Boot, Revision 1.13
bootp: no reply
Using BOOTPARAMS protocol: ip address: 206.138.151.49bootparamd: 'whoami' call
failed
open netbsd: Unknown error: code 60
Failed to load 'netbsd'.
: trying netbsd.gz...
bootp: no reply
Using BOOTP protocol: ip address: 206.138.151.49, netmask: 255.255.255.0
root addr=0.0.0.0 path=
Fast Data Access MMU Miss
ok

  I don't see any more DHCP requests after the initial one.  And, it looks like
ofwboot.net *isn't* getting what it needs.  Have I done something wrong with my
dhcpd configuration, or is there some other problem?

                                                - Chris