Re: Netbooting a sparc64

On May 7, 2010, at 3:35 PM, Martin Husemann wrote:
>> bootp: no reply
>
> This should not happen - your dhcp server was supposed to answer here.
> Does it log anything interesting?

  No.  And for that matter, I don't see any packets coming into my DHCP server
machine.  Not after the Request/ACK pair that comes from the bootprom,
immediately before the tftp of ofwboot.net.

  Might this be another case of "not waiting long enough for the ethernet to
become sync'd up"?  Does ofwboot do anything that would cause the ethernet
hardware to reset or renegotiate it's link?

                  - Chris