Re: SUN Ultra 5 HDD compatibility

>>>>> "m" == Michael  <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

     m> So far you didn't exactly support your assertion so there was
     m> no reason to take it seriously.

     m> Wrong. He wrote:

    >>> a PentiumIII PC of similar age with a 440BX chipset doesn't
    >>> "see" the card either.

yes, but if you'd read the part of my message where I support my
assertion, you'd realize my claim that *all* ordinary PeeCee PCI slots
are 5V only, not just ones ``of similar age'', and working in *any* 5V
slot is proof that the card works at 5V.

The great thing is, we had this exact same discussion a couple years
ago, and you couldn't get it through your skull then either.