Re: Status of SMP on sbus machines?

On Oct 23, 2008, at 01:45, Michael wrote:
Hello,
You said some hello world type programs show the problem. Can you use one of these to reproduce the problem in gdb and see if you can get a usable stack trace? This one looks bogus to me.

The one that failed was a test program built during an earlier attempt to Configure perl. It didn't fail the next time Configure tried it, with the same compiler options. So, I don't even think I can make it fail. The perl binary that had been compiled was able to produce the Illegal Instruction in the same place, so it seems to be consistent within a compiled binary, but a new compilation doesn't show the problem.

  I think....

             - Chris