Re: Advantages of 64-bit vs 32-bit on old hardware

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 10:57 -0700, Erik Fair wrote:
> Where did you find the firmware upgrade bits to be able to boot from
> your Symbios 53c875 PCI cards? Those changes were added to a later
> rev of the U10 firmware (alas, not the one I have), but Sun seems not
> to make that stuff readily available any more.

  Sun just makes it hard to find.  If you find out the patch number
(which I did in this case by googling around a bit), you can download it
from sunsolve.sun.com.

  In this case, the U5/10 firmware is patch number 106121 (currently
106121-18).

  Try
http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/advsearch.do?collection=PATCH&type=collections&max=50&language=en&queryKey5=106121&toDocument=yes

  (if that link passes through alright)