Re: SMP support for sparc64

  I had a question, though.  First, what is a Spitfire?  What does
this cover?  Also, I notice the code in sparc64_send_ipi() to work
around SpitFire erratum #54.  Should that code be protected either
by the pre-processor macro, or better a run-time test to see if
it's running on a SpitFire?

  Thanks!

A Spitfire is codename for early UltraSparc I. I don't know if they can't be run in 64bit at all or only need some major hacks. At least they need some special threatments.

Best Regards
Stephan