Re: Choppy audio playback

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 08:52:02PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 08:03:50PM +0100, doomwarrior wrote:
> > Sorry I don't understand, what is properply the problem with the card?
> > Wrong hardwarelayout? Somthing with the pins? And why is this a problem
> > with sparc64?
>
> It is U5/U10 specific, IIRC - only 5V PCI cards work. Normally 3.3V cards do
> not physically fit (a missing cut in the PCB prevents insertion) - but
> apparently some cards have the cut, but still do not work with 5V only.

You can have the same problem in the bigger Ultra-2 based
sparc64 machines too.  The motherboard in the Ultra60 (aka Netra 112x)
has 4 PCI slots.  Only one of those slots supplies 3.3 volt
power, while all four slots provide 5 volt power.

So, you have to plan your PCI card insertion carefully, and make
sure you have no more than one 3.3 volt card, if you are putting
multiple PCI cards into one of those machines.

-Kurt