Re: Best config for production server WAS: Sun Blade 100 vs Ultra 60

> What I really want to be able to do is run NetBSD 4 on non-intel hardware
> reliably in something with a smaller case, but that I could still put in 3
> or more drives.

May I suggest a SunFire X2100M2?  That is a single-rack-unit server
with an AMD Opteron dual core CPU.  It has an ILOM (=remote management
card) and you can put two 1TB SATA drives in it (and optionally
mirror them in hardware).

You can have Sun send you one for free and test it for 60 days.
If you keep it, you get some discount.

I am quite sure that NetBSD/amd64 runs on it although I currently
run Solaris 10 on our X2100M2.

Good luck -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt                  Consulting and Support for Sun Solaris
Brandt & Brandt Computer GmbH              WWW: http://www.bb-c.de/~vab/
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim                     Email:
vab%bb-c.de@localhost
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 45
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J. H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt