Re: server recomendations

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 11:36:17PM -0700, Al - image hosting services wrote:
> I am now running them off of a mac G3 450 mhz and an amiga 060 50 mhz,
> both running NetBSD. I would like to upgrade.
[...]
> I would like to have a system that is faster than the mac, ...

You don't want a NetBSD-sparc64 system in that case:
1.) NetBSD-sparc64 currently doesn't support UltraSPARC III CPUs.
2.) NetBSD-sparc64 currently doesn't support SMP.

You will therefore not be able to find hardware supported by NetBSD-sparc64
which is (significantly) faster than the Mac. I wouldn't be surprised if
most or even all of the support systems are actually slower.

Please consider getting a faster Mac or a PC. G4 Mac clocked at less than
867MHz and G3 Macs should be cheap on eBay these days because they aren't
support by Mac OS X Leopard.

        Kind regards