Re: OF and devices [was Re: be ethernet - IPv6 / mcast broken ?]

Hello,

On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 18:33:21 -0500 (EST)
Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost> wrote:

> > I have used be(4) devices in sun4c gear (IPX, SS2) with NetBSD (I think 5 - $
>
> On systems with OF, don't all NetBSD versions see only devices that
> make it into the OF device tree?  I don't _recall_ seeing any support
> for anything else, but of course there's a lot I don't know.

I'm fairly sure that NetBSD relies exclusively on the OBP device tree
to find SBus devices.

> This is relevant to me at the moment in that I'd like to arrange to
> poke at an sbus card that's got enough wrong with it that OF can't
> recognize it (my guess is the FCode ROM has got corrupted, though I
> suppose it could just be a version mismatch).

Hmm, I've got a qe here which makes OBP complain about a corrupt ROM
and then doesn't show up in the device tree...

have fun
Michael