Re: sun4c (Was /etc/disktab on vax)

On 7/1/2012 15:11, David Brownlee wrote:
On 1 July 2012 22:53, AGC <agcarver+netbsd%acarver.net@localhost> wrote:

No RW drive only a couple original Sun CD-R drives in external flat lunchbox
cases.  One of them is in use on my fully functional IPX.  The other one is
in a box that I'll have to dig out.

Internally it has a 1 GB SCSI drive and there's a disk pack with a couple
extra drives in it to handle any extra storage if needed (though it's loud
so I tend to leave it off).

In, in your situation I'd probably setup another machine (maybe the
other IPX) to netboot to test - test boot to single user from net,
then write the test disklabel to the internal disk, then try rebooting
from disk, but they're your toys :)

Yeah, next step is a netboot trial but that's going to take some work. The IPX that works is not the DHCP server for the network so I've got to figure out how to set it up to have RARP in one location and DHCP in another.