Re: sun4c (Was /etc/disktab on vax)

Am 30.06.2012 um 01:24 schrieb AGC:

> Ok, I've got the problem system plugged in to boot it up.
>
> The OBP is version 2.4 (the working system is 2.9).
>
> Upon booting from the installation CD I get (my CD is set for ID 2)
>
> ok boot /sbus/esp/sd@2,0:c
> Boot device: /sbus/esp/sd@2,0:c   File and args:
> >> NetBSD/sparc Secondary Boot, Revision 1.15
> >> (builds%b6.netbsd.org@localhost, Sat Nov  6 18:30:47 UTC 2010)
> Booting netbsd
> Data Access Exception
> ok
>

> That's where it dies.
>
> I haven't had a chance to try a netboot yet, still need to set things up to
> do that.

I had exactly the same problem back with 4.0 RC1; see

http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=37080

My SS2 had ROM revision 2.2 (in the end I solved my problem
by upgrading to 2.9 which had other nice side effects like
allowing a boot partition size of 2 GB instead of 1 GB). The
workaround was to use the second-stage boot loader from NetBSD 3.1,
which worked with ROM revision 2.2, even when using it to load
the 4.0 RC1 kernel. The change which broke support for ROM revision
2.2 (and presumably 2.4) therefore seems to have occurred between
NetBSD 3.1 and 4.0 RC1 and seems to be limited to the second-stage
disk and CD boot loader (netbooting worked fine).

Regards,
Georg Brein

--
Georg Brein