Re: sun4c (Was /etc/disktab on vax)

On 6/26/2012 17:10, Dan Oglesby wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "AGC" <agcarver+netbsd%acarver.net@localhost>
To: "NetBSD/sparc Discussion List" <port-sparc%NetBSD.org@localhost>
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 6:39:34 PM
Subject: Re: sun4c (Was /etc/disktab on vax)

On 6/25/2012 16:34, David Brownlee wrote:
On 25 June 2012 21:16, Jochen Kunz <jkunz%unixag-kl.fh-kl.de@localhost>
wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 12:10:30 +0100
David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

Unfortunately I had to leave my IPX in the states when I came
back to
the UK, (but if anyone knows of one available).
I have a SPARCstation 1 and a 2 available free for pickup in
Kaiserslautern, Germany. I am afraid shipping cost to the UK would
be
prohibitive. :-(

Many thanks for the kind offer though. If I ever find myself out
that
way and you still have them... :)

Do many people have active NetBSD sun4c machines?

David

I have two IPXes.  One is currently running NetBSD 5.1 and is my ntp
server with GPS receiver.  The other is waiting for an OS but I'm
having
difficulty installing NetBSD because the bootloader does not like the
OBP version.  Still haven't figured out how to work around that
problem.

If you need the latest OBP burned to a chip, and can't find anyone else to do
that for you, let me know.

I may take you up on that. One of the few things I don't have is a PROM writer. But first I'll verify the state of everything when I get the IPXes booted again.